The pancreas is an important organ responsible for many processes. This organ is responsible for the production of enzymes that are necessary for the normal digestion of food. Also, the pancreas is responsible for the production of insulin. If it doesn't start working at full strength, then diabetes can develop.
Disease of the pancreas is called pancreatitis in medicine. With such a disease, iron becomes inflamed, and a person must take measures to restore and heal the organ. For these purposes medication is used and a diet for pancreatitis is required, a menu for every day.
Nutritional characteristics for pancreatitis and inflammation
Inflammation of the pancreas is most often associated with diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. They are the main cause of organ dysfunction. If there is a reason for the inflammation of the gland, then it is necessary to normalize the normal production of enzymes; otherwise, the "self-digestion" mechanism may begin, which can become a threat to human life and health.
What should be the diet for pancreatitis?
Diet for pancreatitis, an approximate menu for a week will depend directly on the form you have.
The first thing to remember is that for any form of pancreatic disease, you should be on a starvation diet for 3 to 5 days. Thanks to such a diet, it will be possible to unload this organ and try to alleviate the inflammatory process. During such a diet, you can drink mineral water without gases in small amounts. You cannot drink more than 4-5 glasses per day. If desired, the water can be replaced with natural juices, but only with the consent of a doctor.
If the inflammation of the pancreas has an acute form, then you need to undergo treatment, and then live and eat as usual. But, despite this, you will have to go on a starvation diet for a week and the same amount of time on a diet that excludes the use of fatty, fried, spicy and salty foods. In order for the recovery to be faster, it will be possible to use an approximate menu of the diet according to table number 5.
The diet for acute pancreatitis should consist of:
- Breakfast. It must necessarily consist of oatmeal, biscuits, omelette with egg whites.
- The lunch menu may consist of cottage cheese, which has a low percentage of fat, dairy drink.
- Lunch can consist of a stew of boiled vegetables, fish or meat, fruit puree or you can drink fresh juice. If you drink juice, it is better to do it just before use, so that all the vitamins and trace elements are preserved in it. The juice can be made with apples, banana. It is not necessary to make orange juices as they are considered heavy on the stomach.
- Dinner can consist of fish meatballs, vegetable puree, compote of nuts (apples, pears, apricots). You can also cook boiled potatoes with chicken.
In chronic pancreatitis, the pancreas gradually begins to degenerate. In this case, the diet may not be so strict, but it must be followed. The diet will consist of the fact that a person must eliminate from the diet everything that causes the production of a large amount of enzymes.
Sample menu for a week with pancreatic disease
For the pancreas to function normally, doctors usually recommend a diet for at least 1 month. The diet for chronic pancreatitis in adults will consist of completely eliminating all unhealthy foods from the diet, replacing them with useful ones. Such a diet can relieve inflammation and forget about pancreatitis for a long time.
Menus that can be cooked all week:
- Breakfast. It can consist of oatmeal porridge cooked in water. If you like, add a little milk at the end of cooking. Rice oatmeal puree in water. Carrot puree with boiled fish. You can also make mashed potatoes with boiled fish.
- The second breakfastcan consist of apple soufflé, jam, calcined cottage cheese, carrot pudding.
- Lunchmay consist of meatballs, steamed protein omelet, steamed fish bread, mashed potatoes, and boiled chicken.
- At noonthe menu may consist of steamed omelet, vegetable puree soup.
- For dinneryou can cook boiled potatoes with fish or chicken, steamed omelette, steamed cottage cheese souffle.
Despite the fact that the diet for pancreatitis is very strict, it is very important not to forget to drink not too strong tea, drink compote, mineral water without gases. Among other things, with inflammation of the pancreas, it is necessary to eat bread (200 grams) and sugar (30 grams) every day, which can be used in the preparation of certain dishes.
It is very important that the sample menu is small, but frequent. Also, the food you eat should be warm and fresh. It is very important that each week, every day, a person eats hot meals.
Dietary and nutritionist recommendations for pancreatic disease and inflammation
If you want, you can make the menu for pancreatic pancreatitis for a week varied and tasty, even from a small number of products. People who have problems with the pancreas should include the following foods on their menu:
- Yesterday's wheat bread, cupcakes. You can not eat fresh bread, as it is considered baked, and it adversely affects the state of health during exacerbations. You cannot eat more than 200-250 grams of that bread per day.
- Steamed, boiled and baked meat. It is very important that the meat is dietary, such as chicken or rabbit. You can also use lean meat.
- Lean fish. It should also be boiled or steamed.
- In case of pancreatitis, it is important to eat cottage cheese, it is desirable that it have a pasty consistency.
- Porridge that will have a higher viscosity, for example, oatmeal, semolina, buckwheat, rice, will all help with inflammation.
- Don't forget vegetables and fruits. Of course, you can't eat them raw, but you can boiled, baked, or stewed. It is very important to eat pureed cauliflower.
- For the first courses, it is better to use a secondary broth. The meat that was used to make the broth is best consumed minced so that it is digested faster and better.
- You can make a casserole that will consist of cottage cheese and pasta. It must be steamed, this is especially important when this organ is inflamed.
- It is imperative to eat protein tortillas, as they contain many essential substances and minerals that are necessary for normal body function. Also, proteins during inflammation help to cope with the disease more quickly.
When cooking food, add oil after the dish is ready. The fact is that the human body needs fats, so it is impossible to completely exclude them. The amount of oil that can be added to food per day should not exceed 50 grams. If for some reason you find that treatment and diet for a diseased liver and pancreas do not help, you should consult a doctor who will correct the treatment and tell you what should be removed from the menu.